15 Divine Room Fragrances for a Sweet Smelling Home
Owning a dog and having a nice smelling house don’t have to be mutually exclusive. I’ve spoken about the battle for a nice smelling home before, and offered my tips and advice for keeping carpets and furnishings free of that doggy odour. However, there are still those times when you need a bit of a boost in the fragrance department. Keeping your carpets clean and fresh won’t, for example, do anything for that distinctive stench of a wet dog.
Sometimes you just need a bit of extra help to keep a dog friendly home smelling sweet, and who doesn’t love a gorgeous candle or room spray anyway? These are my favourite room fragrances for a pet inclusive home which doesn’t smell like dogs and cats.
Floral Home Fragrances
1. Molton Brown Lily of the Valley & Violet Leaf Candle – the perfect spring time fragrance! This candle is reminiscent of walks in the countryside on sunny days – infusing the scents of fresh flowers and cut grass, it is fresh and uplifting. It’s good for the soul.
2. Acqua di Parma Rosebuds Candle – for anyone who loves a touch of luxury, you can’t get much more luxe than the rosebud candle from Acqua di Parma. Made by hand, it features dried flower buds as decoration, and gives off a light rose fragrance.
3. Bahoma London Mimosa Floral Room Spray – crisp and refreshing, this room spray features mimosa flowers and green leaf in its top notes, making it a light and airy fragrance which refreshes and revives the home with ease.
Citrus Home Fragrances
4. Yankee Candle Sage and Citrus Reed Diffuser – perfect for kitchens, this fragrance from Yankee Candle has something of a cult following. Its sharp citrus notes are grounded by the heading addition of sage. If you love citrus and herbal fragrances you need to get on this, now.
5. Dr Vranjes Ginger and Lime Room Spray – this is one sexy scent. If you want your home to smell like a tropical paradise then this is the room spray for you. Zesty and warm at the same time, this is a room spray to fall in love with.
6. Jo Malone Grapefruit Candle – zingy, uplifting and calming; I adore the feels that Jo Malone’s Grapefruit fragrance gives me. It’s a good daytime candle thanks to the refreshing notes of not just grapefruit but also rosemary, lavender and peppermint. The mossy base notes add a warmth which prevents the scent from becoming too sharp. Perfection.
Fruity Home Fragrances
7. The White Company Pomegranate Scent Diffuser – a succulent combination of pomegranate and mandarin, this fragrance from The White Company is the scent of summer in our household. It’s warm, inviting and relaxing. Think balmy summer nights spent outdoors with a fruity red wine – this diffuser wraps up that feeling of bliss and presents it in a cheerful and calming scent.
8. Kew Gardens Damson and Jasmine Candle – this candle is not only deliciously different and far from your usual array of candle fragrances, it is also beautifully packaged in a wonderfully pretty jar. It looks great and smells amazing – everyone will be asking you what smells so good.
9. Marks and Spencer Signature Green Fig Room Spray – Fig is having a bit of a moment right now in the fragrance world and this offering from M&S is as wonderful as any other high-end offering, and just a smidge of the price at a teeny £5.
Spicy Home Fragrances
10. Voluspa French Vanilla Diffuser – a vanilla fragrance for grown ups, this diffuser doesn’t smell sickly sweet. It’s mature and elegant, and fills a room with a delectable, soft warmth.
11. Urban Apothecary Chai Tea Candle – sweet and spicy, this candle has a delicious fragrance which will have you wanting to buy it in bulk. The spices and scent of tea leaves is given a homely and comforting tone, thanks to the fragrant milky base.
12. Keith Brymer Jones Cucumber, Thyme and Black Pepper Candle – spicy fragrances are often heavy, deep and rich. However, this scent from Keith Brymer Jones is light and fresh. The black pepper adds that complexity which will appeal to lovers of spicy scents, but the cucumber and thyme is uplifting and optimistic. A truly lovely scent for the home.
Woody Home Fragrances
13. Royal Apothic The Scents No. 1 Candle – a masculine scent, this candle is ideal for anyone who prefers a fresh scent which has a robust base. The notes of cedar wood, sandalwood and grey musk are given warmth by amber and vanilla, while jasmine, lily and grapefruit gives a complexity which is both reviving and refreshing.
14. Estaban Cedre Incense Sticks – when you like your home fragrance to be heady and earthy, these incense sticks will tick all the boxes. Cedarwood, patchouli and sandalwood make up the main notes of this home fragrance for an unbeatable aroma which will penetrate the entire household.
15. Diptyque Feu De Bois Candle – the big daddy of woody fragrances, this Diptyque offering really is something special. Conjuring up the scent of firewood, it’s wonderful in autumn and winter but works equally well on spring and summer evenings, giving a nod to summer campfires.
What are your favourite home fragrances?